As part of The Co-operative, we work for the benefit of our members and customers. We have a strong sense of who we are and how we should behave. This means delivering value, while acting fairly and in a socially responsible way.
Our past and present
Since 1872, we've grown stronger and stronger whilst remaining true to our founding principles. Read more
Weathering the financial storm
How we can provide stability for your finances in these turbulent times. Read more
On 1st August 2009 Britannia merged with The Co-operative Bank, part of The Co-operative Financial services. Read more
The financial climate -
your questions answered
Click to view questions
- How do I know my money is safe with The Co-operative Bank p.l.c.?
- Will The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. encounter problems in a recession?
- Is what happened to Northern Rock or HBOS likely to happen to you?
- Will what's happening affect my pension or investment with The Co-operative?
- Does the current crisis affect your ability to pay general insurance claims?
- What is the Financial Services Compensation Scheme?
- Is my money covered under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme?